Tuesday 5 February 2013

Devon Allman: Turquoise

Turquoise
Devon Allman
This month sees the release of Devon Allman's first solo CD. Turquoise presents a set of up-tempo blues/rock songs with a personal touch, as Devon explains:

''These songs are very special to me. It's part 'dusty road driving music' and part 'tropical getaway' music. These are the stories, feelings and reflections from my last couple of decades of forging my musical path.''

When I Left Home blasts off proceedings in fine style, chronicling the singer/songwriter's journey from the age of 17 onwards. ''I wanted a song that really encapsulated my last 20 years'' - and it certainly does the job, with some great guitar licks along the way.

The autobiographical intent continues throughout the album, particularly on the likes of Don't Set Me Free and Time Machine (a slower, Clapton-style reflective number).

The story comes full circle with the closing number, Turn Off The World, with it's weary plea to be able to slow down at journey's end.

Track List

When I Left Home
Don't Set Me Free
Time Machine
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
There's No Time
Strategy
Homesick
Into The Darkness
Key Lime Pie
Yadira's Lullaby
Turn Off The World

10 of the songs are Allman-penned originals (Mike Zitto shares the credits on Don't Set Me Free and Strategy, as does Tyler Stokes on There's No Time). There's a great cover of Tom Petty's Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, featuring a blistering vocal duet with Samantha Fish.

Stand out tracks: When I Left Home; Time Machine; Stop Draggin' My Heart Around.

Here's a pre-release taster of Turquoise to whet the appetite...



Turquoise will be released on 12 February. For further details, head for the official website.

No comments: